The ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 is scheduled to take place in India from October 5 to November 19, 2023. This will be the first time that India will host the tournament on its own, having previously co-hosted it with other countries in 1987, 1996, and 2011. The event was originally scheduled to take place from February to March 2023, but was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The tournament will feature 10 teams and a total of 48 matches.
World Cup 2023 Highlights:
- The ODI World Cup 2023 starts on October 5 with a match between New Zealand and England.
- The final match will take place on November 19 at the Grand Narendra Modi Stadium.
- The tournament will be played across 12 venues including Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, and Chennai.
- Ten teams will participate in the tournament.
- A total of 48 matches will be played throughout the tournament.
Team India World Cup 2023 Schedule:
|India vs Australia||Sun, 8th Oct||MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai|
|India vs Afghanistan||Wed, 11th Oct||Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi|
|India vs Pakistan||Sun, 15th Oct||Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad|
|India vs Bangladesh||Thu, 19th Oct||MCA Stadium, Pune|
|India vs New Zealand||Sun, 22nd Oct||HPCA Stadium, Dharamsala|
|India vs England||Sun, 29th Oct||Ekana Cricket Stadium, Lucknow|
|India vs Qualifier 1||Thu, 2nd Nov||Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai|
|India vs South Africa||Sun, 5th Nov||Eden Gardens, Kolkata|
|India vs Qualifier 2||Sat, 11th Nov||M. Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru|
- Who will host the 2023 Cricket World Cup?
India will host the 2023 Cricket World Cup, having previously co-hosted it with other Asian countries three times.
- Where and when will the 2023 ODI World Cup take place?
The 2023 ODI World Cup will be held in India from October 5 to November 19, 2023. The opening match will be between England and New Zealand, and India will face Pakistan on October 15.
- How many teams will play in the 2023 Cricket World Cup?
Ten teams will participate in the 2023 Cricket World Cup. Seven teams and India (as the host) qualified through the 2020-23 ODI Super League, and the remaining two teams will be determined through the 2023 Cricket World Cup Qualifier.
- How many ODI World Cups has India won?
India has won two ODI World Cups, in 1983 and 2011, defeating West Indies and Sri Lanka respectively.
- How many matches are scheduled for the 2023 ODI World Cup?
The 2023 ODI World Cup will have 45 league stage matches and three knockout matches (two semifinals and a final).